Get Involved! Join Online "Friends of Imagine," Volunteer, Donate
Abundant Interesting Volunteer Opportunities:
Imagine can only reach its full potential with lots of community involvement. Please let us know if you would be willing to help out, and what your interests are. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Sharing your language and culture in language based playgroups for children 0-6 years.
- Plan and run activities for community events. These gatherings are for guests of all ages, featuring activities such as karaoke, board games, dance parties, and open mic performances.
- Help spread the word about Imagine. Please share among friends and organizations by word of mouth, e-mail, posting a flyer, passing along our business cards, liking us on Facebook, positive review on Yelp, or google etc.
- Facilitate a club or playgroup, or teach classes in the arts. We want to serve all ages 0-100, and offer a broad spectrum of fun and engaging pursuits. Can you share your skills in music, dance, theater, puppetry, art, crafts, languages and cultures, comedy, ideas and actions for sustainable living, other causes, games and fun?
- Help develop Our Town. Offer ideas and tools of your profession or help connect with local businesses to design age appropriate experiences to explore and run a miniature town.
- Find resources & fund-raise.
- Ball pit balls
- Comfortable armchairs and loveseats
- Patio chairs
- Ping-Pong (foldable,) Skeeball & Pool Tables
- Books & music, especially in other languages
- Folding tables (card table size and larger)
- Musical instruments
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Dress up clothes & props (i.e. Halloween costumes, dance costumes, jewelry etc.)
- Gently used items for our second hand shop
- Children's CDs and other appropriate music to play. Dance party music.
- Roller skates, inline skates, scooters, all sorts of ride on toys
- Quadro or Pipeworks (large construction toys)
- Slide - stand alone indoor plastic slide about 5 foot long and or 8 foot or longer that attaches to a platform
- Play kitchen (sink, stove, refrigerator, play food and table settings)
- Play house - more cottage like to replace our pink house
- Toys: educational toys, push toys for those learning to walk, Rodys, Playing Cards, board games, etc.
- Items for "Our Town" exhibits having to do with numerous professions i.e. - play food for grocery store and farm; stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, ambu bag, human body models depicting skeletal system/organs; U.S. & world map for school; firefighter hat/boots/hose; judge's robe & gavel
- Nearly any items for second hand shop, especially children's clothes and maternity clothes.
- Also funding, of course.